Flushed with anticipated success, I blogged for the library about disseminating your research via social media. I’ll reproduce it here (after all, they’re my words!) This afternoon, I’m meeting up with our learning technologist for a personal tutorial in devising podcasts and related formats, so I’ll probably have more to add to this later! I have two reasons for needing to know – disseminating my own research, and sharing “how-to” videos etc for people using our library resources.
We’ve just found a great blog post on the LSE Impact Blog, about the benefits of disseminating your research using social media – and, specifically, by using podcasts.
Podcasting is like broadcasting, over the internet. It tends to mean an audio recording, and means your research can potentially reach a much wider audience. Have a look at this!
- What could you podcast about?
- Or would you use a blog (with or without video)?
- Or a powerpoint (ditto)
- Or a powerpoint with voiceover?
- What technical expertise would you need?
- Would it be worth learning these skills? (Rhetorical question!)