I’m afraid it’s in my genes: my father was a musician, and my mother is a gifted seamstress. So what do I do for relaxation? I arrange or compose tunes, and I sew. It’s an absolutely essential outlet for me.
I arrange Scottish tunes for small ensembles, and occasionally write songs with a folk influence. Find my tunes on Sheet Music Plus, or as Finale renditions on SoundCloud. In 2019, I aspire to more tunes and (definitely) more live performances!
- The lone wanderer
- Nora’s vow – wind trio, or for voice, flute and treble recorder
- The twa corbies
- David Middleton goes to Aviemore – a set of tunes
- For the Guild – a set of tunes
- Jackdaw Jo, a ballad – voice, flute, violin, piano
- My foot has gone to sleep – a set of tunes
Also by way of relaxation, I sew – my own clothes, patchwork, and occasionally whimsical toys or wallhangings. Here are some highlights from 2018:-